The MAC (Media Access Control) Address is a unique address assigned to every network interface for the Ethernet, Wireless, and Bluetooth cards. The MAC address is also called an Ethernet address too. MAC address generally matched with an IP address in order to communicate in a LAN with the gateway and other hosts in the same LAN. But how can we find the MAC address of our computer which can be Windows, macOS or Linux.
Find MAC Address On Windows Computer
There are different ways to find MAC addresses on Windows computers. One way is using the command-line interface.
- Click to Start Menu and type cmd
- Open the command prompt.
- Type the command
ipconfig /alland press Enter.
As we can see from the output the MAC address is listed as “Physical Address”.
Alternatively, we can follow these steps to list MAC address via Network Settings.
- Open Control Panel
- Click to the Network and Sharing Center
- Click to the Network Interface which is generally Local Area Connection
- In the Local Area Connection Status click to the Details button
Find MAC Address on MacOS Computer
The MAC address of a MacOS can be displayed by using the network settings like below.
- Click to the Apple Icon and select the System Preferences
- There open the Network Preferences and click to the Advanced tab
- Select the network interface you want to display like Wireless